I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on some of these things. These are things I've never done.
1) Been drunk. I've had the occasional New Year's Eve or wedding toast. I had a beer once - peer pressure. Didn't care for the taste. My dad was an alcoholic and I vowed early on that I would not repeat the cycle. Kids of alcoholics are four times more likely to become alcoholics, and I didn't want my family to go through what I did.
2) Taken illegal drugs. No pot, no nothing. Didn't grow up exposed to it, never found anything about it interesting.
3) Never smoked cigarettes. My grandmother was a chain smoker and that totally turned me off.
Maybe these things make me a boring person. So be it.
Here are some things I am guilty of:
1) riding in the carpool lane by myself. This happened in Dade Country, Florida, in 1988 or 1989 (back when it was still called Dade County). Oops.
2) Speeding. Although not in a few years. I find that, driving my Prius, I get better gas mileage by driving more reservedly.
3) Gambling. But pretty much only on the "Reel Money" slot machine.
Post a Comment